Effective Date: May 30, 2018
Last Updated: July 30, 2019
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy, and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). Please check this page when you access the services to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, write a review, respond to a survey, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, interact with us via chat, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
A Note about Customer Reviews
Information We Collect from Other Sources
If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, user ID, account information, information that you have made public, and friends lists, according to the social media site’s data practices and your privacy settings on that social media site.
We may also collect demographic information about you from third parties, including data brokers, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. We may also receive information about you from our business partners, such as those companies who have created an account with us as Accredited Members. This information may include name, city, state, email address, phone number, and order number or account number.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, application version, access times, pages viewed, time spent on pages, clicks, website technical errors, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, pixels and local storage, implemented either by us or a third party. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count site visits. Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and ad campaign effectiveness. Local shared objects are stored on your device and used to provide video or animation, or collect information for analytics. For more information about cookies and trackers and how to disable them, please visit “Your Choices” below or our Cookies Policy.
How we use information:
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by vsc-confirmation and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of vsc-confirmation and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How we share information:
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who need access to such information to provide services to us on our behalf.
- We may share consumer reviews we receive from you with the companies that are the subject of the review and with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- We may also share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our web site, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal process, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of vsc-confirmation or others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among vsc-confirmation and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the United States:
The Services are hosted in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
When we transfer personal data from the European Union or Switzerland to the United States, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. vsc-confirmation has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to resolving complaints about our processing of your personal data. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Privacy Shield program should first contact us. We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. vsc-confirmation is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
If we share personal data transferred to the U.S. under the Privacy Shield with a third-party service provider that processes such data on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Your European Union and Swiss Privacy Rights:
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you are in Switzerland, you have the right to access, correct or erase the personal data we hold about you. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local EEA Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. For Swiss residents, contact details of the Swiss data protection authority, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html.
Information access and account cancellation
If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
vsc-confirmation collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
– To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
– To improve customer service : Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
– To send periodic emails The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order and may also send marketing materials. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. Please see the Adobe website for comprehensive information on how to delete or disable local shared objects known as Flash cookies. Also, this site uses Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Promotional Communications by Email or Text Message
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from vsc-confirmation by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us as noted below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
To opt out of receiving text messages from vsc-confirmation.com at any time, text STOP to the short code from which the text message was sent to the enrolled mobile device or reply to a text from us with the word “STOP.” A confirmation message of your opt out will be sent to your mobile number but no additional messages will be sent to you unless you opt in again.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device or to your desktop via your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings within your browser or on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us as noted below.